The playground of the world’s best DJs, celebrity boat parties, all-night raves, sunrise sessions in Café del Mar, all with a high entry fee… It might seem like Ibiza is only for night owls with cash to spend. But nothing could be further from the truth. Whether soaking up pristine natural environments or seeking out historical sights, there are plenty of things to do in Ibiza if you’re not (always) a party animal. And at an affordable price.
Discover: How much spending money you’ll need for Ibiza
Make sure you recharge your batteries before leaving as, even without clubbing, you’ll need energy to see all this Balearic Island has to offer. But what can you find on Ibiza that gives it the edge over other holiday destinations?
Seven things to do in Ibiza, at least once in your lifetime
Holidays are precious, so often we find ourselves weighing up one destination against the other. If one of the options is Ibiza and you still need convincing, these seven unmissable attractions are sure to tip the balance in its favour.
- The sunsets. From the sands of one of its famous calas (coves), a trendy beach-side bar or on board a chartered boat (here, we explain why you must try this sea-faring experience). Day’s transition into night-time is when nature truly puts on a show and, in Ibiza, watching this moment has become a true island ritual.
- The real hippie spirit. Ibiza is an island of contrasts: on one side, you’ll find those non-stop parties, and on the other, people living in peace, relaxation and harmony with nature. If you want to experience the genuine hippie spirit of the sixties, this is your chance. Visit markets such as las Dalias (the most famous hippie mercadillo, this is a must-visit), and let yourself be taken in by the island’s peaceful vibe.
- Unique beaches you’ll have (almost) to yourself In Ibiza you can find big beaches full of tourists, and other, less well-known parts of the coastline, such as the gay-friendly nudist beaches, and little sandy coves hidden between rocky cliffs. Go exploring, discover these hidden pieces of paradise and you’ll reach a whole new understanding of what it means to be on holiday.
- Culture. Not sure about including Ibiza Town in your itinerary? Just a little research will show you how much you’d miss without a visit. Ibiza’s capital has a place on UNESCO’s World Heritage List, and for good reason. Keep reading here to learn where you can find these recognised cultural wonders.
- Nature. Cliffs overlooking the sea, pristine beaches, marine biodiversity… Ibiza lets you escape from the bustle of normal life and reconnect with the environment (at these campsites, for example).
- Food. Researchers have recognised the Mediterranean diet as one of the most nutritious and beneficial going, not to mention flavoursome. There’s a whole host on offer, so do some research beforehand to find the best restaurants, where you can get a true taste of the island.
- Formentera. No trip to Ibiza is complete without a visit to its smaller sister, Formentera. At just 20km long, Formentera is a little haven of tranquillity to the south of Ibiza. You can get there by ferry or under your own steam, by chartering a boat.
That completes our list of the very best things to do in Ibiza. Have we convinced you?