Who says that camping is incompatible with glamour? We’re here to show you how to bring a little luxury to your Spanish camping trip. Glamping has shown us how to seek out adventure without sacrificing comfort and little by little, it’s gaining enthusiasts among the most demanding of travellers. These premium campsites offer the perfect combination of a passion for nature, respect for the environment and luxury tourism. And, in our increasingly urban society, remote, secluded destinations are becoming more and more popular. Go glamping in Spain and you can find some of best spots to get away from it all. There, you can enjoy beaches, mountains or verdant forests from a caravan or tent that caters for all your needs, and more.
We’ll explain what it really means to camp in style by taking you through some of the best sites for glamping in Spain. Read on to see if we found any in Ibiza…
The best places to go glamping in Spain
You’ve probably heard a lot about glamping in the last few years, but you may not realise that the concept’s roots go back a long way: probably to the Middle Ages, although the term wasn’t coined until the 19th Century. Today, glamping is one of the best ways to get close to nature, while still enjoying all the luxury and pampering you’d expect from a top hotel.
Discover: Ibiza’s Instagram hotspots to become social media royalty.
In Spain, the best campsites for taking part in this re-emerging trend are:
- Glamping Airstream, Malaga. In the very centre of the Sierra de las Nieves, a mountain range and nature reserve in southern Spain, you’ll find a small site full of silver-coloured caravans, modelled on a classic 1930s design. They may look simple, but nothing could be further from the truth. Each is equipped with a fully-fitted bathroom, double bed, flat-screen TV, kitchen with all the appliances you need…
- Jaima in Refugio Marnes rural accommodation, Alicante. For lovers of nature and sustainability who don’t want to renounce the comforts of modern living, this is your glamping destination par excellence. This original Bedouin tent (created by an expert Moroccan craftsman) has everything you need to enjoy nature, with none of the hassles of conventional camping.
- Dreamsea Surf Camp, Cantabria. This establishment combines the pleasures of glamping with the surfing lifestyle. Located in the picturesque town of San Vicente de la Barquera on the Cantabrian coast, this site offers all the comforts you need for an idyllic holiday that doesn’t harm the environment.
- Casa de Laila, Alhaurín el Grande (Malaga province). This site provides a 100% authentic glamping experience with a comfortable bed, WiFi, a solid floor with carpeting, breakfast included in the price, a delicious range of organic food, group activities such as yoga… A far cry from what camping usually brings to mind, wouldn’t you agree?
- La Playa Campsite, Ibiza. We’ve already talked in detail about its features in this post, but when running through best campsites for glamping in Spain, we couldn’t fail to mention this one. Watching the Ibizan sunset from your fully-equipped Yurt, a luxury ‘nomad tent’ or one of the vintage caravans is a truly privileged experience.